The Real Narrative Gym
In the ABT Framework Course, we talked about the core communication principle of “Arouse and Fulfill” — first you need to arouse interest, then you can fulfill expectations with a longer, more in-depth effort. This is now the same principle that we are applying with the training. The original ABT Framework Course was the “Arouse” element, now it’s time for the longer term, sustained “Fulfill” element.
THEREFORE… below is a summary of the structure of The Real Narrative Gym.
The Real Narrative Gym:
- Who: Presenters & Builders who have taken the ABT Framework Course and are members of one of the participating organizations. General Audience members do not need to have taken the course.
- Each week will consist of two half hour sessions (back to back). For each session, a Presenter will give a 3 minute presentation with 3 slides maximum which will then be analyzed and discussed for 25 minutes using the ABT Narrative Tools.
- There are three types of participants:
- Presenter – These will be people who have taken the course and will be giving a 3 minute presentation.
- Builders – All graduates of the original ABT Framework Course are eligible each week to be part of the group who discuss the presentation both verbally in the session as well as through written comments in the chat window.
- General Audience – The session will be open to invited guests. All participants who join in will be required to sign a simple disclaimer to retain confidentiality of the sessions (they are not for public consumption). The general audience will only be able to observe, can’t activate their mics, and can’t add chat comments.
- Signing up to be a Builder or General Audience.
- Below is a list of upcoming The Real Narrative Gym dates. If you’ve taken the course, you can sign up to be a Builder. If not, you can sign up for the General Audience.
- There’s no limit to the number of times you can sign up.
- 1 to 2 days before the event, Builders will be given a special link that will allow them to join the Zoom session. Builders should not give this link out to anyone else as it will be a custom link just for them.
- 1 to 2 days before the event, General Audience will be given a website link and password where they can get the connection info.
The Real Narrative Gym – Session #1
Wednesday, May 4th 11:00 AM TO 12:00 PM PDT (Los Angeles Time) | 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM EDT
Builder Sign Up Form
(To be eligible, a Builder must have taken the original ABT Framework Course)
[contact-form-7 id=”1113″ title=”May 4th – Builders”]
General Audience Sign Up Form
[contact-form-7 id=”1120″ title=”May 4th – General Audience”]